2017 Viognier

Naumes Family Vineyards is proud to release our first Rogue Valley Viognier – one of our favorite white varietals produced in Southern Oregon. 75% of the wine was fermented and aged in our concrete egg-shaped vessel, accentuating the natural varietal flavors, while the remaining 25% was aged in new Acacia wood to add sweet and spicy notes. Our 2017 Viognier features complex aromas of white peach, apricot and passion fruit complemented by notes of kaffir lime leaves and baking spice for a unique and rich flavor.

In Stock
Add To Cart
/ 750ml
SKU: 2017Viognier
Wine Specs
Rogue Valley
Alcohol %
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Fruity aromas of white peach, apricot and passion fruit are complemented by intriguing notes of kaffir lime leaves and baking spice, creating a rich and complex flavor.
Production Notes
Our grapes were hand harvested at optimal maturity then gently whole cluster pressed in a stainless steel tank. The juices of the Viognier and Marsanne grapes were blended for fermentation and aging in the concrete egg, as well as the Acacia puncheon. The Viognier contributes the classic floral notes, fruitiness and a thick (almost slightly oily) texture, while the Marsanne adds some additional layers and flavors of spice, nuttiness, and notes of ripe stone fruits. 75% of the juice was fermented and aged in a concrete egg-shaped vessel, which continually suspends the yeast and natural batonnage. The Egg contributes to a tiny bit of “minerality,” accentuates natural varietal flavors and aromas, and contributes more volume and mouthfeel. The remaining 25% was fermented and aged in a new Acacia wood puncheon, with French Oak heads. This barrel contributes additional volume and mouthfeel from the Acacia wood, as well as heightened expression of floral aromas and flavors. The French oak heads add some sweet and spicy notes, and a very subtle toasty note interwoven into the experience.
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: